To borrow through Lending Club, you must be a US citizen or permanent resident, or be in the United States on valid long term visa; and be at least 18 years old with a verifiable bank account.
To qualify for a loan, a number of factors are considered including, but not limited to:
· Information you provide on your loan application
· Information provided about you by credit bureaus
· Your credit score, which predicts the likelihood that you will make on time payments until your loan is fully repaid
· Your debt-to-income ratio (how much money you owe compared to how much money you earn)
· The length of your credit history, the number of other accounts that you have open, and your usage and payment history with those accounts
· Your recent credit activity, including how many other credit inquiries you have initiated over the past six months
At this time, we are unable to accept loan applications from residents of six states: Iowa, Idaho, Maine, Mississippi, North Dakota, and Nebraska.